3XI Match Reports



Gore Court 3XI 4-1 Sittingbourne 3XI                                                                                 02/04/22


Gore Court 3XI looked to finish their season with a win against local rivals Sittingbourne 3XI. 
Court started strongly and soon began to dominate the game creating chances through some good team hockey. 
However their early dominance was curtailed as they lost a player to injury and had to continue with ten men. This allowed Sittingbourne to get back into the game but Court still managed to dominate much of the play and were rewarded for their good hockey and hard work through two strikes from skipper Will Dixon to go into half time with a 2-0 lead. 
Sittingbourne came out on the front foot early in the second half and making the game more evenly contested. They pulled a goal back to make it 2-1. This spurred Court back into action and they extended their lead to 3-1 as Dixon completed his hat-trick. 
Both sides created further chances but neither side could capitalise on these until Court scored their fourth through Max Lynch and securing a deserved 4-1 win to end their season in style. 

Maidstone 3XI 0-12 Gore Court 3XI                                                                                    19/03/22


Gore Court 3XI travelled to bottom of the league Maidstone 3XI confident they could secure all three points after a good run of form and results. 
Right from the start it was clear that court were far superior and it was going to be a case of keeping their concentration and positional discipline in order to run out comfortable winners. Court created plenty of chances early on but it took a while to finally break the deadlock.  
Once they did the floodgates opened. At half time Court were 4-0 up through strikes from Will Dixon (2), Max Lynch and Mark Webber. 
At half time Court reiterated the need for everyone to keep passing the ball and keep the intensity as high as possible. The team listened and they played some excellent hockey to go on and score another eight times through a combination of great team goals and some fine individual strikes. Final score was 12-0 with goals from Dixon (4) Doug Reid (4) Webber (3) and Lynch (1).

Gore Court 3Xl 3-4 Gravesham & Wellcome 1XI                                                                  05/02/22

Gore Court 3XI went into the game full of confidence following an unbeaten four game run. This was evident as they started the game with intent and full of good quality attacking hockey. They raced into a two goal lead after strikes from Will Dixon and Dale Burden. Court continued to press and created several good chances but failed I find the third goal. This would turn out to prove costly. 
Although Gravesham failed to create any pressure or chances a series of defensive mistakes allowed them to score not one, but three quick, soft goals. Court were stunned by this and somehow found themselves trailing 3-2 at half time. 
This seemed to rally Gravesham and they came out a different side in the second half. As they pressed higher and took a grip of the game court found themselves in a real battle. As the half went on Court managed to get back in level terms through a fine short corner flick from Doug Reid. 
There was very little between the two sides as the match continued but unfortunately for Court Gravesham managed to score a fourth late on to take the lead 4-3. Court pressed for the equaliser but were unable to get a draw their performance deserved.  

Gillingham Anchorians 2XI 1-3 Gore Court 3Xl                                                                    29/01/22


Gore Court 3Xl travelled to Gillingham Anchorians 2XI looking to extend their unbeaten run to four games. Court started strongly but were unable to continue their dominance and allowed Anchorians to slowly get a foot hold in the game. The first half saw few chances for either side as they largely cancelled each other out. Court went into half time with the match goalless and were able to have a good chat about where and how they needed to improve their performance. 
The team took the half time talk on board and Court were a different side in the second half. They stepped up their game to another level, played higher up the pitch and Anchorians couldn't cope with Court's dominance. They soon opened the scoring from a penalty corner that Will Dixon converted. 
Mark Webber added a second from a tight angle before Dixon added his second and the side's third as they raced into a 3-0 lead. Anchorians managed a late consolation goal but Court proved to be the better side and deserved their win and extended their unbeaten run to four matches.

Gore Court 3XI 2-2 Tunbridge Wells 4XI                                                                              22/01/22


Gore Court 3XI entertained Tunbridge Wells 4XI at home on Saturday. Court were hoping to continue from their impressive form from the week before and make it back to back wins. The pattern of the game was soon to be evident as T Wells defended deeply with numbers behind the ball looking to counter attack from Court's mistakes. Despite some uncharacteristic poor passing, Court created plenty of opportunities winning a number of short corners but failed to find the back of the net. Midway through the first half T Wells won a corner of their own and managed to score as the ball somehow squirmed over the line. They led 1-0 at half time. 
The second half followed in a similar vein to the first. Lots of Court pressure and short corners failed to bring a goal and once again T Wells broke away to score a second to go 2-0 midway through the second half. To Court's credit they kept on battling and refused to give up. They finally got a goal back with a predatory finish from Paul Mills. And with just a few minutes to go Doug Ried expertly deflected the ball into the bottom corner to bring the game level at 2-2. 
Court were disappointed not to have won with the possession and chances they had throughout the game but were pleased to get the draw after being two down with only twelve minutes left. 
Court are now unbeaten in their last three games and hope to make it four next week. 

Gore Court 3XI 4-0 Maidstone 3XI                                                                                        27/11/21


Gore Court 3XI welcomed bottom of the table Maidstone 3XI on Saturday. A much weakened Court side started well and dominated the game. They played some really good hockey, passing the ball well and and at a level Maidstone struggled to compete with. 
Court found the back of the net four times during the first half with goals from James Anderson, James McGrath, Doug Reid and Mark Webber and went into half time 4-0 up. Due to injury and illness Court played with ten men for most of the second half the game slowly lost its shape and flow. Court comfortably saw out the second half without conceding and failing to take one or two good chances to extend their lead. It was a welcome three points after a couple of weeks without a win. 

Gore Court 3XI 2-5 Ashford 3XI                                                                                            13/11/21

A weakened Gore Court 3XI took on a strong Ashford 3XI. Ashford soon took the lead as Court were adjusting to their new players and positions. Court got into the game slowly but under pressure for most parts of the first half. Ashford added a second midway through the first half before adding a third just before half time to go into the break 3-0 up. 
After Court went 4-0 down tight at the start of the second half they finally found some fluidity in their play and started to take the game to Ashford. Court scored two good goals late on from William Dixon before the finally losing 5-2. 

Gore Court 3XI 1-1 Sevenoaks 5XI                                                                                       30/10/21


Gore Court 3XI and Sevenoaks 5XI played out a hard fought draw on Saturday.  A very well organised and experienced Sevenoaks dominated the early midfield exchanges but failed to create any chances until they were awarded a penalty stroke which they duely converted midway through the first half. Court rallied and began to get back into the game and created several opportunities without being able to convert.  They went into the half time break 1-0 down. 

Court took the game to Sevenoaks in the second half and started to press for an equaliser.  They created more chances and won several short corners before Paul Surridge finally converted one with three minutes left.  They then pressed for a winner and came very close to grabbing a last minute goal.  The final score was 1-1 which was a fair result for both sides in an evenly contested game. 

Tunbridge Wells 4XI 2-9 Gore Court 3XI                                                                              02/10/21

Gore Court began the game brightly and after some good approach play quickly took the lead after just a few minutes after a clever finish from Andrew Middleton. They continued to dominate the gave and soon doubled their lead through captain Will Dixon. However through a combination of a drop in standard from Gore Court and an improved T Wells the score line was soon all square at 2-2 midway through the first half. The remainder of the half was evenly contested but court managed to sneak a half time lead through a Max Lynch goal. 
The second half proved to be completely different from the first. Court upped their intensity and moved the ball with pace and accuracy as T Wells struggled to compete with a rampant Court. Further goals from Will Dixon (3), Sam Boyns (2) and Matt Attwood added six unanswered goals as Court ran out 9-2 winners. 


Gore Court 3XI 3-1 Gillingham Anchorians 2XI

Gore court 3XI played Anchorians 2XI in the early match of the day. With a few new faces and some players taking a while to wake up to the early game time, Court made a slow start. They soon settled into the match and were rewarded for some early pressure with a Doug Reid short corner rocket. Their lead was doubled mid way through the first half as Max Lynch pounced in the circle to score his first goal of the season. 
Two up at half time Court hoped to press on and continue to dominate. However a combination of an improved performance from Anchorians and some tired legs in the court midfield made the game a much more even contest. However a fine solo run from Ryan Kelly beating three or four players before setting up Doug Reid with a tap in for his second of the game eased any concern.  At 3-0 Court comfortably saw out the game only for Anchorians to score a consolation with the last hit of the game. 

Burnt Ash 2XI 2-1 Gore Court 3XI

A new look Gore Court 3IX filled with a number of younger players playing in Kent Division 2 for the first time started the season away to Burnt Ash 2IX. Playing against an older more experienced side Gore Court held their own and competed well for the whole seventy minutes. 

Burnt Ash took the lead midway through the first half before Court came battling back to deserve an equaliser through one of their new players Max Lynch. 

The second half was evenly contested although Burnt Ash started to take the upper hand and exert more pressure on the Court defence. Just as the game looked as if it would end in a draw, Burnt Ash scored the winner with two minutes to go. 

If the team continue to play as they did and improve each week they should have a successful season. 



Gore Court 3XI 5-2 Deal 1XI

Gore Court 3XI beat Deal 1XI 5-2 in difficult conditions in a well contested match.  With Storm Dennis in full effect both teams found it hard to get a foothold in the wind and rain. Goals from Gary Clarke and Will Dixon were equaled by two goals from Deal to set up a tense last twenty minutes.  Doug Reid came on for the last quarter of the match on his way back from injury and scored Court’s third goal after beating three of Deal’s defenders before striking the ball past the Deal keeper.  Will Dixon then scored his second from a short corner before Clarke scored his second to make the final score 5-2 to Gore Court.

Gore Court 3XI 3-2 Bromley & Beckenham 5XI


Gore Court 3XI got back to winning ways with a hard fought victory against a strong Brom Becks 5XI side. Court started brightly but found themselves behind early on after a fortuitous goal from the away side.  Court kept pressing and equalised towards the end of the half with Gary Clarke converting a fine move. 


The second half saw Court play a more attacking, expansive game and their efforts were rewarded when Sam Laird struck to make it 2-1. Minutes later Brom Becks were level from a short corner. With the game drawing to a close, Doug Reid converted a well-worked short corner which proved to be a much deserved winner for the home side.

Gore Court 3XI 2-3 K Sports (Cobdown)

Gore Court 3XI faced a tricky opening league game of the season as they hosted K Sports 1XI at Westlands.  It was the side from Cobdown who took the lead with virtually their first attack of the game.  Court however battled hard and created chances of their own only for K sports to hit on the break to double their advantage. After half time Court pressed and were duly rewarded as Gary Clarke picked up the pieces from a short corner. It was the persistent Clarke who levelled the score with a determined finish to leave Court looking at a deserved draw.  However K Sports superior fitness showed and as Court faded in the final minutes it was Cobdown who took the spoils.



Gore Court 3XI 2-2 BBHC 2XI

Gore Court 3XI produced a strong performance against a physical BBHC side but the points were shared on a warm afternoon in Sittingbourne. 


Court were dominant in the opening stages of the game and soon found themselves ahead when a neatly worked short corner ended with leading scorer Will Dixon lashing home from a tight angle. Despite their continued pressure, Court were made to pay for their missed opportunities when BBHC equalised from their first short corner. Court then regained the lead through Dixon only to find themselves pegged back minutes later when Court's defence failed to deal with an aerial and their rangy striker slotted home from close range.


The second half saw Court continue to play quick, expansive hockey but they were unable to convert their chances whilst some resolute defending from Hatchwell and Kelly meant that Court kept BBHCs attackers at bay. Both sides had late chances to win the game but it ended 2-2. After a run of frustrating results, it was the performance that Court wanted but not the win which still eludes them in 2019.

Gore Court 3XI 2-2 Holcombe 3s

Gore Court dropped two points on Saturday against mid table side Holcombe.

A slow disjointed start, in a reorganised defence led to numerous turnovers and it was this which led to Holcombe taking the lead against the run of play.

Gore Court responded midway through the first half with goals from Gary Clark and then Will Dixon to take the lead. However, Holcombe equalised almost immediately from a penalty corner. 

The second half was evenly contested with few chances for either side. A draw was a fair reflection on the balance of the game.

Canterbury 4s 1-4 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court's rich vein of form continued as they inflicted a first home defeat of the season on Canterbury 4s following an emphatic display at Polo Farm. Having won five games in a row and scoring 28 goals in the process, GC were full of confidence going into the game and it showed in the opening phases as their complete dominance was rewarded when Doug Reid converted from close range to make it 1-0 to GC. Their lead didn't last long when against the run of play, Canterbury scored a controversial equaliser. 


Such is the determination of this Court side, they immediately looked to restore their lead and following some neat play from the forwarded line, Paul Mills pounced to make it 2-1. Soon after it was 3-1 following another goal from in-form Gary Clark meaning GC went into half time with a richly deserved two goal lead.


The second half was a more scrappy affair with both sides looking to break down the game. Despite this, GC were by far the better side and won countless short corners which they were unable to convert. It was then Canterbury's turn to attack and despite their pressure, they were unable to penetrate the league's second tightest defence. 


With the clock ticking down, a superb finish from Gary Clark wrapped up a famous 4-1 victory meaning GC went into the Christmas break in third place, six points above Canterbury with a far superior goal difference. 

Gore Court 3XI 5-4 Blackheath & Elthamians 3XI

Gore Court made it six wins in their last seven games with an enthralling 5-4 home win against a physical Blackheath side. GC started by far the better side racing into a 2-0 lead courtesy of Gary Clark and top scorer Will Dixon. Court had several chances to extend their lead but two quick goals from Blackheath against the run of play at the end of the first half meant it was 2-2 at the break.


At the start of the second half, Blackheath found themselves 3-2 up when their left midfielder outpaced the GC defence and squeezed the ball home from a tight angle. Six minutes later, GC equalised when Gary Clark swept home from close range. GC continued to press for a winner but with 15 minutes to go, a Blackheath counterattack ended with the ball being deflected into the goal much to the frustration to GC's stubborn defence. GC then piled on the pressure to avoid losing for only the third time this season and their dominance was rewarded when Will Dixon powered home to make it 4-4. As the game was closing out for a draw, Gary Clark's endeavour was rewarded when he pickpocketed the Blackheath centre back and slotted home from close range to complete his hatrick and end a dramatic game 5-4 in GC's favour, a scoreline which arguably flattered Blackheath given Court's superior possession and territory. 

Deal 1XI 2-3 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court 3XI extended their winning run with a hard fought 3-2 win away to Deal 1XI which took them up to third in the league.


Despite a chaotic start to the game with Court pushing back with 10 players and no goalkeeper due to late arrivals, they took a deserved lead when Gary Clark converted a penalty stroke after some fine play down the right by Paul Mills and Ryan Kelly carved open the Deal defence. Court were in complete control of the game until a reckless challenge at the back just behalf half time resulted in a penalty stroke which Deal converted to make it 1-1 at the break.


The second half started in a similar way to the first with Court by far the dominant team spurning numerous chances to take the lead. Gore Court eventually took the lead when Doug Reid converted a well worked short corner much to the delight of the away support. Court did not have to wait long until they extended their lead when Gary Clark bundled the ball home from close range. As Gore Court went in search of a fourth, Deal pulled a goal back to set up a nervous final 10 minutes but Court defended resolutely and held out to claim the three points. 

Gore Court 3XI 11 - 0 Bromley & Beckenham 5XI


Gore Court made it four wins out of five with an 11-0 demolition of Bromley & Beckenham at Westlands. Court dominated the game from the start producing wave after wave of fine attacking play and took a six goal lead into half time. 


The second half continued in the same vein as Court camped in the Bromley & Beckenham half. Their superiority was rewarded with another five goals and could have been six had they not missed a penalty stroke. Leading scorer Will Dixon bagged a hatrick while Doug Reid (4), Gary Clarke (3) and Paul Mills (1) completed the rout. This was the 3s biggest win since 1987 and takes them up to fourth in the league. 


BBHC 2XI 2-4 Gore Court 3XI

Gore Court recorded their third win of the season and the first on the road with a controlled performance against a very physical BBHC side. 


BBHC’s early pressure was rewarded when a deflected cross left the Court defence flat footed and their young midfielder scored from close range. This was the wake up call Court needed and two quick goals from Paul Mills and leading scorer Will Dixon meant that Court went into half time with a deserved lead. 


Gore Court had significantly more possession and territory in the second half and their dominance was rewarded when Gary Clark extended the lead and soon after a thunderbolt from Sam Stone made it 4-1. BBHC scored a late consolation goal as Court went in search of a fifth goal. 

Gore Court 3XI 5 - 0 Canterbury Millers


Gore Court 3XI recorded their second victory of the campaign with an almost faultless performance against promotion chasing Canterbury Millers. The damage was done in the first half when Court raced to a 4-0 lead with wave after wave of fine attacking play with goals from Doug Reid, Sam Stone and two from Will Dixon. 


The second half continued in the same fashion but Court found it harder to break down a more resolute Canterbury defence. Court's dominance eventually paid off when Dixon thundered home from a short corner to complete his hatrick and a richly deserved victory. 

Gore Court 3XI 0-1 Holcombe 3s

Gore Court 3XI suffered a 1-0 defeat in a closely fought encounter away to Holcombe. Court had more of the possession in the first half but were unable to make their dominance pay with the scores level at half time.


The second half started in a similar vein but a Holcombe counterattack midway through the half saw the home side take the lead. Court pressed hard for an equaliser but were unable to convert their various chances into a goal bringing their three game unbeaten run to an end. 

Holcombe 3s 1-0 Gore Court 3XI

Gore Court 3XI suffered a 1-0 defeat in a closely fought encounter away to Holcombe 3s. Court had more of the possession in the first half but were unable to make their dominance pay with the scores level at half time.


The second half started in a similar vein but a Holcombe counter attack midway through the half saw the home side take the lead. Court pressed hard for an equaliser but were unable to convert their various chances into a goal bringing their three game unbeaten run to an end. 

Herne Bay 2XI 1-1 Gore Court 3XI


For the second week running, Gore Court 3XI picked up a hard earned point on the road following a 1-1 draw against Herne Bay 2XI.


Court started well and created a string of chances which they were unable to convert but two point-blank saves from Andrew Nellies meant the score was goalless at half time.


Herne Bay converted their early pressure in the second half with a well-worked goal and could have easily scored another were it not for some resolute defending. Then with just 60 seconds left, Will Dixon scored to make it honours even much to the delight of the travelling support, a result Gore Court fully deserved on the balance of play.

Old Williamsonians 2XI 1 - 1 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court 3XI secured their first point of the season with a battling draw away at Old Williamsonians 2XI.  Old Wills took a deserved lead midway through the first half when their lively centre forward found himself in space to convert from close range. Their lead didn’t last long as Will Dixon’s short corner deflected into the roof of the goal to make it 1-1. 


The second half witnessed a much improved Gore Court side and they created a number of chances to score a second goal but in the closing minutes, Gore Court needed some resolute defending from veterans Noel Lander and Graeme Jonas to keep the scores level. 


Old Williamsonians 2XI 1-1 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court salvaged a deserved draw in the final minute of the game when a free hit just outside the 23m line was hit into the circle and Doug Reid deflecting the ball beyond the stranded defence. Old Williamsonians appealed against the decision as they thought it was a long corner, but their appeals were in vain as the goal stood.

In a game of few chances for either side, Old Williamsonians took the lead midway through the second half from a worked penalty corner routine. A draw was a probably a fair result for both teams.

Gore Court 3XI 4-1 Deal 1XI


Gore Court returned to winning ways after two successive defeats and remain in 4th position in the league, hot on the heels of the Club's 2XI.

With injuries and unavailability to Gore Court, this had the potential for bottom placed Deal to secure their first points of the season but a goal from Richard Dixon in the first few minutes settled any concerns. Dixon went on to score his second before half time.

Early into the second half Deal managed to reduce the score and would have gone on to equalise except for the presence of Mackenzie Stevens in goal.

This was the turning point in the game as Gore Court went on to score two more goals. Dominic Annand was rewarded for his persistence in front of goal.

Ashford 3XI 1-0 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court went to unbeaten league leaders Ashford who have been scoring goals for fun. With Gore Court, having one of the tightest defences in the league they were confident that they could take points from this game after defeat last week.

Gore Court started brightly and the game quickly settled into a pattern of play. After 15 minutes Ashford scored the only goal of the game when a cross from the left wasn't cleared and the ball fell to the Ashford centre forward didn't miss.

In the second half, Gore Court dominated possession and with a high press and had numerous chances to score but some last ditch tackles and saves kept them ahead.

In the final minute, Gore Court were awarded with a penalty stroke. For the second week in a row they failed to score from the spot and so Ashford hung on for all three points.

Canterbury Millers 0-2 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court maintain 4th position in the league with their fourth straight win and extended their unbeaten run to five. Gore Court started well and this gave them the confidence to go on and play their best hockey of the season to date. Two first half goals from Richard Dixon and Paul Mills was enough to secure the win. Canterbury were reduced to two half chance efforts in the last 5 minutes but each effort went wide of the post as they were marshalled by the tight Court defence.

Gore Court 3XI 2-1 Tunbridge Wells 2XI


Richard Dixon scored two goals from penalty corners either side of half time to secure the win which keeps Gore Court 4th in the league.

Tunbridge Wells scored a late consolation also from a penalty corner but it was too little too late.

Holcombe 3s 2-3 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court extended their unbeaten run to three games with a convincing win away at Holcombe. The only surprising thing was the score was closer than the context of the game and the balance of play.

Gore Court took the lead midway through the first half when Paul Mills deflected the ball into the path of James Anderson who scored with a neat finish. Gore Court extended their lead when Fraser Stevens finished after a persistent run into the D.

Gore Courts dominance reduced the hosts to only one shot in the first half.

The second half was a more even affair and Holcombe were given a lift when they were awarded a penalty stroke with about ten minutes left. They duly scored and as they pressed for the equaliser Paul Surridge found space from which to score with a hard strike across the keeper to extend Court's lead.

Holcombe scored a consolation right at the death which was too little too late.

Gore Court 3XI 2-1 Old Williamsonians 2XI


Gore Court secured their first win of the season after a gritty performance. They took the lead midway through the first half when Richard Dixon hit a fine strike across the keeper, but with the team failing to capitalise with a second goal, Old Williamsonians gained confidence and felt aggrieved when they were not awarded a penalty stroke just before the break. 

However, they did equalise in the second half when they were awarded a penalty stroke when Gore Court felt it should have been a long corner for the deflection off a stick rather than a foot.

Gore Court dug in as Old Williamsonians pushed on for the winning goal. With two minutes to go and against the run of play, Gore Court gained two successive penalty corners. It was from the second that Richard Dixon scored his second goal of the game and three points to the home side.

Blackheath 3XI 1-1 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court dominated possession for the first twenty five minutes of the first half, yet for all their dominance created very few chances.  Paul Surridge came closest when he clipped the post.

Two minutes before half time Blackheath were awarded their first penalty corner from which they  took the lead after a drilled shot inside the right post.

The second half saw a much more even game, Gore Court creating the better chances whereas Blackheath were restricted to opportunities from penalty corners.  Mackenzie Stevens in the Gore Court goal had a man of the match performance with some outstanding saves and this helped Gore Court secure a point when Doug Reid scored from a penalty corner. 

Gore Court 3XI 2-5 Gore Court 2XI


Saturday's first league match of the season saw Gore Court's 2XI make the short trip to the away dugout as they took on Court's 3XI. The early exchanges saw the 2XI on top with only Will Dixon preventing them from taking an early lead. The deadlock however was eventually broken when Alex Nicholls converted a short corner. Soon afterwards, Gary Clark finished off a flowing team move to make it 2-0 at the break.

The second half saw the 3XI come more into the game and they started to cause their younger opponents problems. A quick counter attack saw Tom Oyler break into the D and finish low into the bottom left corner. However, the 2XI soon re-established their 2-goal cushion when Gary Clark fashioned a half chance for himself and slotted his second of the game. 3-1 soon became 4-1 when after good work from Nick Wilcher, Clark's shot across the face of the goal found its way in at the far post. Sensing an opportunity for more goals, the 2XI continued to attack, and scored their 5th through a smart reverse stick finish from Nick Orr.

The end of the game finshed with a short corner for the 3XI which Paul Surridge converted to make the final score 5-2.


Coming soon...


Sevenoaks 4XI 1-6 Gore Court 3XI 


Gore Court had a strong last game of the season away at Sevenoaks. Court went up early on in the game and carried a constant performance through the first half.  Sevenoaks however did not give in at 3-0 half time, and managed to score one in the second half, but not before Richard Dixon hit home 2 more in the second half. The game ended 6-1 to Court, guaranteeing them league champions. 




Burnt Ash 3XI 0-1 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court had a shaky start against Burnt Ash and struggled to get into the game.  After defending many strong breaks from the opposition, Barry Walker scored for Court from a challenging angle via a deflection off the keeper.
Throughout the rest of the first half, Court attacked strongly but the Burnt Ash keeper played well keeping all the attacks out until injuring his leg, meaning the end of his game.  Gore Court still struggled to find the back board even with Burnt Ash playing with a kicking back, ending the first half one up.

Throughout the second half, Court appeared to get tired and had to play very defensively to maintain their slim lead. After a hard grind for the whole second half the game ended 1-0 but kept Gore Court at the top of the league with two games to play.


Deal 1XI 3-8 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court had a shaky start on Saturday against Deal at St Edmund's School in Canterbury, after going one down within the first five minutes from some slick Deal passing manoeuvers which took Court's defenders out of the game.  Court managed to get one back, however Deal hit home two more by half time as Court's strategy just wasn't working.


The second half didn't go Gore Court's way initially, but once they had got into the game, Court's midfield and attack were linking up well and managed to score seven in the second half.  Deal continued to look dangerous on the break but Court's defence handled any danger together with ease leaving Court second in the league. 


Ashford 4XI 0-5 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court had an easy win this week against Ashford with five spectacular goals hit home by skipper Harrison Reynolds. The rest of the team will take notes on his performance and learn how to really play the game.
Happy days!


Gore Court 3XI 8-5 Sevenoaks Shadows


Gore Court 3XI had a goal filled thriller of a game against Sevenoaks Shadows on Saturday. Gore Court went ahead early on but Shadows stayed close behind and it remained this way for a while, but as Gore Court kept on scoring, Sevenoaks just couldn’t keep up. The scoring finally finished with Court defending a short corner which was scored by Shadows to make the final score a deserved 8-5 win to Gore Court.


BBHC 2XI 2-2 Gore Court 3XI


Gore Court got off to a shaky start and within the first ten minutes went one down. A defensive short corner was well trapped in the air by Court's Neil Wanstall but unfortunately BBHC were quick off the mark and before the defenders could react, the ball was swept at the back board from close to the goal line. Before the half was over, a well placed strike saw BBHC go two up.Gore Court dug deep and returned from half time strongly and with a new found team spirit. Two goals followed in fairly quick succession both from Gary Clark. From then on, Gore Court found themselves defending very deep but managed to hold off the opposition until the final whistle and snatch a draw.


Gore Court 3XI 3-2 Gillingham Anchorians 2XI


Gore Court had a strong start with much of the possession often dangerously penetrating the opposition D. Court let slip a defensive short corner, which was scored from a hard and accurate strike at the back board. Court's heads dropped until half time but started the second half even stronger than the first. Court battled as hard as they could, but were unlucky to let in a second goal from open play. At 2-0 down the home team got their heads in the game and won a short corner from some great connecting play between Jack Walker and Garry Clark. This was hammered home by Noel Lander into the bottom corner. Soon after, Court got a second short corner with just ten minutes remaining. Sam Stone injected to Lander who passed to Fraser Stevens on the left slip who managed to beat two players and send home the second.Both teams battled hard for the last 10 until, on the final whistle, Court won a short corner from play down the left wing starting from Graeme Jonas and through to Harry Todd. Lander scored his second goal bringing the final score to 3-2.